Specialized services for patients with complex needs.
If you or your loved one has complex or chronic health needs, you may benefit from an added level of care. OptumCare™ CarePlus provides specialized services to patients with complex needs — depending on what state you live in, and what health plan you have. OptumCare works with your health plan to identify whether you might benefit from CarePlus. Our goal is to offer you the care you need, when and where you need it.
Caring health care providers
If you or your loved one has a health plan that includes CarePlus, we will offer to send a compassionate and skilled care provider directly to where you live. This may be a skilled nursing facility, an assisted living community, or your home. Usually this care provider will be a nurse practitioner or physician assistant. He or she will help coordinate your care and make sure all your health needs are being met. The benefits include:
- More personalized attention
- Constant communication
- Help managing your medicines
- Fewer trips to the hospital
- Overall better quality of life
CarePlus in a skilled nursing facility or assisted living community
Through CarePlus, our care providers work with you or your loved one who is living in a skilled nursing facility or assisted living community. We offer:
- An extra level of care management. We serve as your health care advocate.
- Physical exams and chronic condition management. Our care providers can order lab tests and write prescriptions (in most states).
- Personalized care plan development. We work with you, your doctors, your family and skilled nursing facility staff to create a plan that’s right for you.
- Care coordination: We make sure that all your care providers, services and treatments work together to improve your health and well-being.
Watch our video to learn more about the value CarePlus provides to members and their families.
Get more information
For more details on CarePlus in skilled nursing facilities or assisted living communities, contact your health plan. Or talk to someone in the facility to see if CarePlus is available to you. Want to be eligible for these and other OptumCare benefits? Find out how to join OptumCare.
CarePlus at home
OptumCare also provides care to patients in their own home. You can check with your health plan to see if CarePlus is available to you. We offer:
- Care management and coordination with your primary doctor and care team
- A complete health assessment
- Creation of a care plan to meet your individual needs
- Help with managing your medicines
- Home-safety inspections
- Support for end-of-life and with writing an advance directive
- Friendly assistance by telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Contact your health plan or OptumCare health provider for more information. Not yet an OptumCare member? Find out how to join OptumCare.