Health economics and outcomes research
Scientific research to realize the full potential of your brands.
Leverage the proven expertise of one of the world’s leading health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) teams to get a deeper understanding of your market and gain competitive advantage.
As one of the world’s leading HEOR companies, Optum® provides a unique perspective on global market requirements to help companies make strategic decisions about their products. Our HEOR team works with clients to develop and implement strategic study designs that combine scientific, regulatory and commercial objectives to help maximize the opportunities for your products in the marketplace.
We can help you:
- Develop a deeper understanding of your market.
- Evaluate your portfolio’s health economics implications.
- Choose between competing compounds in development.
- Make more informed pricing decisions.
- Increase formulary acceptance and reimbursement.
- Devise strategies to address budgetary challenges.
- Achieve greater differentiation for your products.
- Demonstrate your products’ value in the market.
For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in delivering the scientific results that help our clients realize the full potential of their brands. We accomplish this by applying our proven expertise in:
- Economic analysis (burden of illness, cost-effectiveness, cost utility) to the highest standards
- Decision-analytic modeling
- Budget impact analyses
- (Network) meta-analysis and systematic literature review
- Dynamic disease modeling in infectious disease
The HEOR capabilities of Optum also include literature review to help you review, synthesize and analyze relevant literature.
Meg Good, PhD
Vice President and Lead, Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Principal Consultant and Vice President, Research
Debbie Becker, MS
Director and Lead, HEOR modeling
Paul Buzinec MS
Director of Analytics
Susan Brennemen, PhD
Director, Primary data collection
Global HEOR overview
Retrospective database analysis
Better information creates better results.
Learn how Optum utilized rich data assets and analytic expertise to help The Lewin Group complete a compelling two-year study on autism for the National Institute of Mental Health.