Unparalleled assets to support decision-making.
As a division of a health and well-being company serving more than 80 million people globally, Optum® has access to one of the largest and most robust proprietary health care databases in the world. Massive, comprehensive and mature, it features extremely detailed data captured since 1993. This uniquely rich database enables us to deliver timely, meaningful information to support every aspect of product decision-making.
The size and breadth of our database — which includes enrollment information from 1993 to present day on more than 114 million lives — allows us to link physician and patient survey data, clinical evidence abstracted from medical records and clinical laboratory results to pharmacy and medical claims history. The completeness of this data allows us to investigate any number of patient, physician, treatment and clinical attributes. Geographic diversity, combined with the longitudinal nature of these data and the ability to see treatments in many settings, affords a unique perspective to the researcher.
Our unparalleled data assets are enhanced by an exceptional ability to study subjects longitudinally. Our proprietary research database allows us to identify enrollees as unique subscribers over time. Even individuals who disenroll and reenroll can be identified. This provides a significant advantage over most commercially available databases that count multiple enrollments as separate subscribers — a drawback that can introduce measurement error into study results.
U.S. core data assets
- Enrollment information
- Medical (facility, physician) and pharmacy claims
- Laboratory results data
- Commercially insured and managed Medicare lives with Part D only or medical + Part D coverage
- Mental health care claims
- Access to a single, large, closed-system health plan and multi-plan data
Clinformatics Data Mart
ClinformaticsTM Data Mart offers the most detailed information on the market. It reduces research and development costs, and shortens go-to-market timelines while maintaining quality and compliance.
- Data is statistically certified as de-identified by an independent third party
- Supports analysis requirements including medical claims, pharmacy claims, lab results and administrative data
- Data is backed by the unmatched experience of the Optum marketing analytics team
- Can be obtained as a standalone product, or bundled with Clinformatics™ Database Builder, allowing for faster design of database subset online